Here is some helpful info about LED lighting from energystar.gov.
You can read the whole article here.
What are LEDs and how do they work?
LED stands for light emitting diode. LED lighting products produce light up to 90% more efficiently than incandescent light bulbs. How do they work? An electrical current passes through a microchip, which illuminates the tiny light sources we call LEDs and the result is visible light. To prevent performance issues, the heat LEDs produce is absorbed into a heat sink.
Lifetime of LED Lighting Products
The useful life of LED lighting products is defined differently than that of other light sources, such as incandescent or compact fluorescent lighting (CFL). LEDs typically do not “burn out” or fail. Instead, they experience ‘lumen depreciation’, wherein the brightness of the LED dims slowly over time. Unlike incandescent bulbs, LED “lifetime” is established on a prediction of when the light output decreases by 30 percent.
How are LEDs Used in Lighting
LEDs are incorporated into bulbs and fixtures for general lighting applications. Small in size, LEDs provide unique design opportunities. Some LED bulb solutions may physically resemble familiar light bulbs and better match the appearance of traditional light bulbs. Some LED light fixtures may have LEDs built in as a permanent light source. There are also hybrid approaches where a non-traditional “bulb” or replaceable light source format is used and specially designed for a unique fixture. LEDs offer a tremendous opportunity for innovation in lighting form factors and fit a wider breadth of applications than traditional lighting technologies.
Quick Connect Electric also services and installs recessed lighting fixtures.
Here are five benefits of having recessed lighting fixtures:
1. Recessed lighting offers a modern, clean look and feel to your home. The fixtures are unobtrusive and blend in with the ceiling. This can help open up the space in a room, making it feel larger than it is.
2. Recessed lighting can be used to accentuate artwork or other important features of a room. Recessed lighting fixtures can be used to draw attention to specific objects, helping them stand out in the space.
3. Installing recessed lighting is easy and cost-effective with Quick Connect Electric. Using a simple push-and-connect system, you can install multiple fixtures throughout your home quickly and safely without having to hire an electrician.
4. Recessed lighting fixtures come in a variety of styles and sizes, so you can find one that fits your interior design aesthetic. With Quick Connect Electric, you can create the perfect lighting for any room in your home.
5. Recessed lighting is energy-efficient and helps reduce electricity bills over time.
Contact us today for installation or servicing of your LED lighting or recessed lighting fixtures today!